Surgery to repair septal deformities
Unfortunately, septoplasty—just like rhinoplasty—isn’t available to everyone. And the price has nothing to do with that. Reshaping your nose, straightening a deviated septum, and/or removing any spurs and ridges is prohibited if you have:
- Severe diseases of internal organs and chronic infections;
- Clotting disorders;
- Severe diabetes mellitus;
- Oncological diseases.
We don’t recommend undergoing plastic surgery on the nasal septum during menstruation, pregnancy, and lactation.
Types and features of septoplasty at Medical Club Grace
Today’s ENT plastic surgeries offer several types of procedures to straighten the nasal septum. Surgical and endoscopic procedures are the most common types of surgery.
This type is a traditional technique to repair septal deformities. It involves restoring nasal patency and repositioning the nasal septum to the midline after dissection of synechiae (if any) and submucosal resection using the open technique. By incising the mucous membrane and separating the cartilage from the perichondrium, the doctor repairs the deformities using special surgical instruments. Once straightening the nasal septum is complete, the surgeon sutures the incisions and fixes the nasal passages with silicone plates (splints) or special haemostatic tubes.
At Medical Club Grace (Kyiv), we only perform surgical septoplasty while you are under general anaesthesia. It takes from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Your initial rehabilitation takes at least 2 weeks.
However, a sparing minimally invasive surgery on the nasal septum is perfect for a large number of patients.
We perform this type of surgery using an endoscope and special instruments being inserted into your nose. Such minimally invasive technique enables us to straighten the nasal septum and keep the mucous membrane practically intact without making large incisions. If necessary, we perform the electrosurgical vasotomy procedure along with septoplasty. By reducing the inferior turbinates, we help you get rid of chronic non-allergic rhinitis.
The procedure takes 30–45 minutes, while the initial rehabilitation lasts 1 week.
Regardless of the type of septoplasty, you need to be preparing for the procedure on your own at home for about 3 days. We discharge you from the hospital on the day of surgery or in the following morning in the vast majority of cases.
Why undergo septoplasty at Medical Club Grace?
- 1. Firstly, we only employ surgeons with a spotless reputation, a long track record, and vast successful experience in performing plastic surgeries. Also, we encourage our experts to upgrade their skills at the top-class clinics in Europe and the USA.
- 1. Secondly, we constantly upgrade our surgical equipment, instruments, and innovative materials.
- Thirdly, we offer the most comfortable hospital-stay experience.
- 1. Fourthly, all of our employees are true professionals who meet the highest criteria for medical care.